Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

En bici

The MG is running well at the moment but, mainly because the weather is so nice, I've been using a bike to get to and from work for the past three or four weeks.

This morning I was riding to my 8am Spanish lesson. I was going the wrong way in a one way street and I had to stop for a parked car. A coach was coming the other way. As I scooted around the parked car I crashed into the pavement, mounted it, scraped down the side of a wall and started to fall back into the road. As I smashed into the side of the coach I visualised myself falling under the wheels but somehow I survived.

There may be a lesson there about traffic rules!

No comments: